Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow Day

I was a little jealous on Friday when I kept hearing updates from Missy about how much snow they were getting. Who would have thought that Houston got enough snow to make snowmen and snow angels, while we have only had a couple of dustings all season?!? Although it was widely reported a big storm was going to hit, I did not get my hopes up. When I went to bed last night, it was snowing lightly. To my surprise, this was the view from Riley’s window when we woke up this morning! Nine inches and still snowing!Snow Day 1.1 Daddy was working from home for the day, but before he got started, him and Riley bundled up to get first tracks in the court.Riley 7.1 It was freezing, but they played outside as long as they could!Dad & Riley 5.1Dad & Riley 8.1 Daddy took a break around lunch and again the boys headed outside to play, this time in the backyard. Dad & Riley 15.1Riley 17.1 Saydee and Duke enjoyed playing in the snow for a bit, before Duke and Rocky (the German Sheppard next door) got a little too excited to see each other and literally broke through the fence to visit. After that, Saydee and Duke were confined to the dog run if they wanted to be outside.Duke & Saydee 5.1Before coming inside for lunch, Daddy and Riley went out front to play with the neighborhood kids and check out the snow fort Roman had made.Dad & Riley 21.1By the time Riley had eaten and taken a nap, there was a break in the storm. Daddy took advantage and went to shovel the driveway. Riley went to help, but preferred to spend the time eating snow.Dad & Riley 27.1Riley 35.1Then it was time to come inside for a real snack, goldfish and milk. Riley 43.1 Meanwhile, Daddy made homemade spaghetti for dinner.Dad 2.1Riley 52.1 A good day was had by all!

2 comments:

Mom Wallace said...

OMGoodness! What a special day! I love these photos. Thank you so much for sharing them. Dad put them up on the big screen, beautiful. I can almost taste the spaghetti sauce, yum!

The Peterson Life said...

I am so bummed I (and the kids) missed the first big dump of the year. We are in SUNNY Seattle! Seriously Sunny! And cold, too. Oh well. Hopefully it will continue all year. Looks like you had a good day. I love snow days!!