Monday, March 22, 2010

Bake-athon

Yesterday I had a day away, spring skiing with Stephanie. It was just what I needed to recharge and gear up for an even crazier week ahead!

We have a lot of celebrating this week, which means a lot of baking! Today, Riley and I made everything needed for tomorrow. First up, cupcakes to surprise Daddy at work for his birthday. Riley listened very well and did not touch the mixer while it was on, but as soon as I turned it off, his little fingers went in for a taste.Riley 47.1 He got to lick the spatula, which was probably his favorite part of the entire day!Riley 50.1I was surprised how much he also enjoyed watching the cupcakes bake!Riley 58.1 Thirty six cupcakes later, our first task was complete.

Next up, Daddy’s birthday cake. We basically repeated everything from before, same carrot cake and cream cheese frosting recipe, just made a round layered cake instead of cupcakes. Of course, Riley got to lick the spatula again.Riley 53.1 Finally, it was time to make birthday treats for Riley to take to school. The original idea was Rice Krispy Treats cut out with cookie cutters. When Riley picked out the Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, I decided to get a little crafty and dip the ears in chocolate. Riley's School Birthday Treats 1.1

0 comments: