Sunday, September 14, 2008

Austin - Day 2

Thursday was a busy day! We kicked it off with Einstein Bagels. After breakfast, I went with Missy to take Avery to school. Then, we headed home to pick up the boys. Kyle drove us to the University of Texas campus (his alma mater). Our first stop was the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library. It was very interesting and one of my favorite parts of our trip! Unfortunately I was so engrossed in looking at everything that I forgot to take pictures. We walked around campus a bit and made our way to the football stadium. Just like the rest of campus, it was beautiful and huge! Texadelphia was for lunch, yum! SuSu picked Avery up from school, and we all made it home about the same time for naps.

Once everyone was well rested, we headed off to Deep Eddy to cool off. Deep Eddy is the oldest swimming pool in Texas. It began simply as a swimming hole in the Colorado River that flows through Austin. We ended the day with a wonderful homemade dinner at the McClure's.


0 comments: