Dan flew to Seattle last Saturday, but the kids and I stayed in town this week to take care of some business. Today was our big day, it was time for the three of us to make the trip up north. When we initially made the reservations for me to take the kids by myself, I knew it was something I could totally handle. I’m not going to lie, I woke up this morning a little nervous about the whole thing.
Papa took us to the airport and came inside to help with our luggage. We made a quick stop at McDonald’s so the kids had something to eat for lunch at the gate, then headed up to security and said our goodbyes to Papa. I never thought I would say this, but security was a breeze! They opened a separate line for us and literally did everything for me! Riley was very concerned when his chicken nuggets had to be scanned, I think he thought the machine was going to eat them!We made it to the gate and the kids ate lunch. Our flight was delayed 45 minutes, which threw a complete wrench into things. As luck would have it, right when our plane pulled up to the gate, Riley had to go to the bathroom! Took care of that with no problems and made it back to the gate as boarding began.
Southwest did not approve us to pre-board with the handicap. We were in the the A boarding group, which we did, instead of waiting for family boarding between A and B. Bonus though, the guy at the gate stopped the line when it was our turn and carried both car seats onto the plane then a stewardess installed them! When the kids got settled, I took out the snacks we had picked up from Alison earlier in the day, coffee cake and an oatmeal cookie! I figured Delaney would sleep most of the flight, since it was her normal naptime. Right after takeoff she dozed off and I got Riley setup with a movie. To my amazement, within ten minutes, they had completely switched roles! Riley was sound asleep and Delaney had decided there was too much to do and see to be bothered with such things as napping.
I was able to carefully pry the DVD player from Riley’s hands without waking him.
Delaney was ecstatic that, for the first time ever, she got to use the DVD player!!
Let me just stress how awesome the flight crew was! Throughout the flight, they constantly checked to see if we needed anything and chatted it up/played with the kids. We were the last ones off the plane, they already had the stroller setup, then escorted us to baggage claim and carried the car seats the whole way! We were all very excited to see Daddy!
We stopped at Cheesecake Factory for dinner.We made it to the townhouse around 6:00pm, then ended the night with our normal routine on schedule!



0 comments:
Post a Comment