Sunday, April 12, 2009

Busy Week

It has been a very busy week and I have some catch up to do.
Saturday, April 4
Papa and Nana came by in the morning to drop off a cake Papa had made for Riley's picture session. Maxell came over after lunch to take Riley's one year old portraits (Maxell's website has been updated with some recent pics, click on Riley's face to see more http://www.maxellrichardson.com/MRPhotography/Galleries/Galleries.html). The photo shoot took up most of the afternoon, but Riley was still able to take a short nap after we cleaned him up from the cake pictures. After nap, Riley played basketball in the living room while Daddy watched some of the NCAA tournament and I made dinner.
We had chicken tacos and refried beans for dinner. Riley especially loved the refried beans! He has become very independent and for the most part only self feeds. Sometimes it gets a little entertaining. Yep, those are beans on his head. Sunday, April 5
We spent the day taking care of things around the house, then went to Nana and Papa's for dinner. Uncle David, Aunt Kristy, Beau and Cole met us there. Before dinner, Riley played on the big swing set with Daddy and Beau. He loved the swing! After dinner, he spent some time with Aunt Kristy before we headed home.
Monday, April 6
Gma Wallace was in town to spend the day with us. We went to lunch at Pinocchio's to see Joni, came home for nap time, and then played all afternoon. When Daddy got home from work, we ate dinner and said goodbye to Gma.
Tuesday, April 7
I had to report to jury duty at the federal courthouse at 7:30am. Daddy worked from home all day to take care of Riley. Surprisingly, I was one of seven people picked to be on the jury. It was a civil case in which a RPD officer was being sued. Jury selection ended at around 11:00am, so they went ahead and started the trial. Court was dismissed at 5:00pm. It is a little weird to feel like I am working again, but even weirder to know I need to be escorted everywhere by a US Marshall for the next few days!
Wednesday, April 8
Court was to resume at 8:30am. I dropped Riley off at Alison's house for the day. He did great! I am not sure who enjoyed themselves more, Riley or Alison!?! She even taught him how to dance. When I went to pick him up, they had dance music playing and were dancing all around the house. Too cute!
Thursday, April 9
Another day of court. Daddy took the day off to watch Riley. I was keeping my fingers crossed because the judge had originally told us the trial should conclude today. Unfortunately, one of the lawyers was very long winded throughout the process and it was 5:30pm before the closing arguments were done. The judge decided to dismiss us for the day.
Friday, April 10
Dan had the day off because we were supposed to leave first thing in the morning and drive to Las Vegas. Instead, a little frustrated, I was headed to the courthouse for the fourth day in a row. Deliberations began at 8:30am and thankfully we reached a unanimous verdict by 9:45am. From there, it seemed to take forever for all of the appropriate people to assemble to hear the verdict. Court dismissed. The judge came in to have a chat with us. When I got home, I switched cars, and we were finally on the road at 12:00pm. We got to Gma and Gpa Wallace's house at 7:00pm. Thank goodness this week is finally over!
Saturday, April 11
Gma and I spent a couple hours in the morning shopping, while Riley stayed at the house with Daddy.
That evening, Daddy and I went to the Paiute Golf Course for Jake and Magali's wedding. It was great to see so many old friends from college, but at the same time made me feel really old! While we were at the wedding, Riley stayed at the house with Gma and Gpa to color Easter eggs.
Sunday, April 12
Easter Sunday. Riley woke up to find a surprise from the Easter Bunny waiting in his room!
Then headed downstairs and got another surprise from Gma and Gpa!
Gma made Riley scrambled eggs for breakfast. Riley spent most of breakfast filling a plastic Easter egg he had found with scrambled eggs.
After nap and lunch it was time for the Easter egg hunt.
He got the hang of it and knew what to do, but was more interested in getting the goodies out of the first few he picked up. Gma got Riley the cute outfit he wore during the egg hunt.
Of course, the boys had to get in the pool! Riley changed into a swimsuit and swim shirt from Gma and Gpa and dove in!
We will have dinner with Gma and Gpa tonight and head home first thing tomorrow morning.

0 comments: