Sunday, February 17, 2013

All Things Valentine’s

Valentine’s Prep

Elle came over on Sunday to play while Riley and Delaney did filled out valentines for their friends at school. I would have never guessed that they would already be filling out their own cards and my only contribution was paying for the valentines!Riley, Delaney & Elle 1 - CopyRiley 4 - Copy

Delaney’s Valentine’s Party

Dan and I got to sneak away for an early Valentine’s date on Monday morning! After we dropped the kids off at school, we went to Brown Bag for breakfast. We went back to school a little early to take part in Delaney’s class party, which was right up her alley! They gave out cards/treats and decorated cookies!Delaney, Hannah, Emma, Amelia, Mabel & Kolton 1 - CopyDelaney & Mabel 1 - CopyDelaney 2 - CopyDelaney 4 - CopyDelaney 6 - CopyDelaney 9 - Copy

Riley’s Valentine’s Party

No school on Thursday this week, so Riley’s class party was on Wednesday. They kids were sure to wear their handmade hearts Aunt Lisa sent them! Riley’s class did some reenactments of a couple Jan Brett books (The Mitten & The Umbrella), then showed us the “simple machines” they had been exploring and working with all week!Riley & Delaney 2 - CopyMom & Delaney 1 - CopyRiley's Class 2 - Copy

Valentine’s Day

This is just painful to write about! I went all out on Thursday with heart shaped foods for breakfast (pancakes & apple slices) and lunch (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pretzels and bananas), taking pictures on my phone the entire time. When Riley and Delaney were finishing their treats for our LG friends, my phone started acting funny and wouldn’t take pictures. Driving to LG, I was complaining to Dan about it and he suggested I restarted my phone. Long story short, I did and all the pictures I took on 2/14 vanished!!

Valentine’s Pancake & Popcorn Pajama Party

On Friday, the Balsley’s had us over for brunch and a movie. We had a great time! After my phone issues the day before, I was nervous to take any pictures, but I did get one :)Popcorn 1 - Copy

0 comments: