As most of you know by now, we are anxiously expecting our second child in December. Although I am a little shocked people have asked, I am just going to put it out there, yes it was completely planned! I know I have told a few of you varying due dates. With the problems throughout the first trimester, they have had hard time pinning one down. So far, we have been told three different dates ranging from 12/16 to 12/21. So when you see the ticker on the blog I am using 12/21 as the calculating point, even though I am secretly hoping 12/16 is the more solid date.
Being on home care the past few weeks has made a tremendous difference! This past week I have been going through the weaning process. So far, so good. They had me stop IV treatments yesterday morning. Tomorrow will be the true test. They are having me stop my medicine pump today, so my final dose will have worked its way through my system within twenty four hours. If everything goes well, my doctor will decide at my appointment on Wednesday when to take the PICC line out of my arm. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she does it right then!
Dan and I are very appreciative and grateful for the help and support we have received from so much of our family and friends. Microsoft and coworkers have been absolutely amazing! Family and friends have done everything from flush the PICC line and administer IVs to help with Riley and assist around the house. Everyone has been great!



0 comments:
Post a Comment